- Can-Am Defender HD 5 : 2017-2021
- Can-Am Defender HD 5 DPS : 2017-2021
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 : 2016-2021
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 DPS : 2016-2021
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 XT : 2016-2021
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 : 2016+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 DPS : 2016+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 XT : 2016+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 XT Cab : 2016+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 XTP : 2018+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 Mossy Oak : 2018+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 XMR : 2018+
- Can-Am Defender Limited : 2020+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 PRO : 2020+
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 8 : 2017-2021
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 8 DPS : 2017-2021
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 8 XT : 2017-2021
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 10 DPS : 2017+
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 10 XT : 2017+
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 10 XT Cab : 2017+
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 10 XMR : 2019+
- Can-Am Defender MAX HD 10 Lone Star Edition : 2018+
- Can-Am Defender MAX Limited : 2020+
- 18” or larger wheel required
- 18” wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- 20” and larger wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing
Gen 3 Portals Are Geared for All
GDP didn’t make the first side-by-side portal kit to hit the market—just the first kit that anybody gave a damn about. And SuperATV’s GDP 6” Portal Gear Lift for the Can-Am Defender is the perfect solution for riders who want taller machines, bigger tires, and unmatched power. Choose a 30%, 45%, or 60% gear reduction for more power to the ground. Boost your strength, power, and performance to the max by choosing dual idler gears. GDP isn’t like the other guys. Our parts are refined through endless blood, sweat, and hard rides. GDP Portals will redefine your Defender.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Riding Styles
GDP Portals are designed to tackle any challenge and accomplish any task. From dunes to trails to mud, you’ll never look back with a GDP Portal Gear Lift. Get a smaller 30% reduction for faster rides that still pack plenty of torque. Bigger tires for rocks or rough rides require a bigger gear reduction—like 45%. Build the mother of all mudders with a 60% gear reduction. Then take your strength over the top with dual idler gears. Portals give you your torque back so your monster build can still rip harder than the rest.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Our portals put the gear reduction in the hub, instead of in your transmission. This is a literal lifesaver for your axles, prop shaft, differential, and transmission. Your factory steering geometry remains untouched and those parts aren’t put under any extra strain. They’ll last longer, too.
GDP Portals Are Stronger
GDP doesn’t settle for less and neither should you. Our portals are built to be the strongest you can get so you can ride with confidence. Our cast and billet aluminum housings are tough enough to take on hard rides. Combine that with 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy, and our portals are unstoppable.
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
Complete the Package with a Frame Stiffener
Portals and monster tires are fun, but they can place additional stress on your machine’s frame. To make your suspension bulletproof, consider adding a SuperATV Frame Stiffener when you check out!
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? With GDP, you get a dedicated portal tech support team. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
|6” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Frame stiffener (must select at checkout)|