- Can-Am Maverick X3 900 : 2018+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo R : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X DS Turbo R : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X RC Turbo : 2018+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X MR Turbo : 2018+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX Turbo : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX Turbo R : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX X DS Turbo : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X RC Turbo R : 2018+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X RC Turbo RR : 2020+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo R : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR : 2020+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X MR Turbo R : 2018+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 X MR Turbo RR : 2020+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX X RS Turbo R : 2017+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX X RS Turbo RR : 2020+
- Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX X MR Turbo RR : 2020+
NOTE: Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25" (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.
Gear Down and Go Big
Your Can-Am Maverick X3 is a beast of a machine, and one of the most powerful side-by-sides on the market. You can take your X3 to the next level with an 8” GDP Portal Gear Lift that gives you tons of ground clearance and the choice of a 45% or 60% gear reduction. You can roll monster tires and ride where nobody’s gone before.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
You can count on GDP portals to outlast and outperform any other portal gear lift on the market. What makes us so confident? More riders roll on GDP portals than any other portal system. With thousands of them out on the trail every weekend getting used and abused in real-world rides, you can bet that their quality is proven.
Perfect for Mud
If you like mud, there’s no better way to get down and dirty than with GDP Portals. With massive ground clearance, you can get those huge mud grips you’ve been eyeing, and the 45% or 60% gear reduction will give you the torque to turn them. It’s power and lift built to take on peanut butter mud that stops everybody else in their tracks.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
With the gear reduction in the hub, your drivetrain gets the benefits from it too. You’ll put less stress on your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission than a traditional gear reduction and less than riding stock. It’s all about riding hard and not wrecking your machine.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
Unmatched Gear Material
We don’t skimp on the most important part of the portals—the gears. They’re made with precision-ground, 9310 alloy steel so that they mesh perfectly every time. That means you can ride hard and your portals will stay smooth and quiet. It’s luxury and performance.
Stronger Housings by Design
Our housings are stronger because we have the real-world experience and expertise to make them stronger. They’re meticulously designed to make sure they’re bolstered where they need it. So whether you go with cast or USA-made billet aluminum housings, you know you’re getting housings that can’t be beat.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
The backing plates keep your portals attached to your suspension, so we made them as strong as possible. They’re made with a 5/16” thick advanced alloy plating with hand-welded gussets and pivot blocks. They’re stronger than chromoly and they’re strong enough to ride for years without folding over.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- Rubber O-rings that completely seal the housings
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
We use a double-angular contact bearing for the output shaft that can handle crazy loads and bumps in any direction without wearing prematurely or breaking. Why are they so strong? We know every last detail needs to be tough for these gear boxes to last. GDP is as strong as it gets.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs so you can use wheels from just about any side-by-side. We invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to, which provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
Don’t Forget the Frame Stiffener!
If you’re going to run 8” portals, you need a frame stiffener. Why? As awesome as your Can-Am X3 is, the stock frame just isn’t up to snuff with a big lift like this. Trust us, we’ve bent our fair share of frames—our frame stiffener will save yours. So don’t forget the frame stiffener, and maybe add on a winch mount while you’re at it!
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
|8” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|Extended brake lines|
|Frame stiffener (optional)|
|Winch mount (optional)|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|