Polaris Ranger XP 1000
Polaris Ranger XP 1000 8" Portal Gear Lift
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Back Country Edition : 2019
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Back Country Edition Crew : 2019
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Texas Edition : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Texas Edition Crew : 2021+
- Kit B
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 High Lifter Edition : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 High Lifter Edition Crew : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Trail Boss Edition : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Trail Boss Crew Edition : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition Crew : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Big Game Edition : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Big Game Edition Crew : 2021+
- Kit C
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Edition : 2017-2020
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Crew : 2017-2020
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Premium : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Premium Crew : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Ultimate : 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Ultimate Crew : 2021+
Gear Down and Go Big
You didn’t get a Ranger just to haul fence posts around your property, you got a Ranger because you wanted to have the ultimate party wagon. With an 8” GDP Portal Gear Lift installed, you’ll tear up mud holes, destroy rock gardens, and definitely start a party everywhere you go. And with the choice of a 45% or 60% gear reduction, you’ll have torque that will make your machine a mud monster.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
How do you know you can trust GDP to make all your Ranger 1000 dreams come true? Just ask any of the thousands of riders out there getting neck deep in mud every weekend. More riders roll on GDP portals than any other portal system. With more hours of real-world riding logged on our portals than any other brand, you can count on their quality, their reliability, and, most of all, their awesomeness.
Mud Can’t Stop a 45% or 60% Gear Reduction
You know what 8 inches of lift can do. It gives you room for huge tires and lets you cruise over the mud instead of plowing through it. What really makes GDP rock is the 45% and 60% gear reductions. That gives you a whole lot of torque and a whole lot of power to the ground. It gives you punchy acceleration that makes turning those big mud tires easy. Mud and portals are a match made in heaven.
A Gear Reduction Protects Your Drivetrain
Portals put the gear reduction in the hub which means your drivetrain benefits from the gear reduction just as much as the rest of your machine does. Your axles, differential, prop shafts, and transmission are under less stress with portals installed. That means less wear and more riding.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
Unmatched Gear Material
Our top-of-the-line gears are simply the best. Don’t believe us? We make them with 9310 alloy steel which is one of the strongest gear materials you can get. Plus, our gears are precision ground for perfect mating every time, meaning your portals will run quiet and smooth. They can’t be beat.
Stronger Housings by Design
We have the strongest portal housings because we know what it takes to make them strong. After making tens of thousands of them, we’ve refined their design so that whether you get cast or USA-made billet aluminum housings (that also happen to look awesome) you’ll get superior strength from the people who know how to make it best.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
These are the strongest portal backing plates around. We use an advanced steel alloy that’s even stronger than chromoly and we make them 5/16” thick. We don’t compromise on strength and, if you want the best portals, neither should you.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
Our output shaft is only as strong as the bearing that holds it, that’s why we use a double-angular contact bearing. It’s designed to take huge hits from every direction without wearing prematurely. It’s the battle-tank of bearings. Built for battle components make GDP the best.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs so you can fit wheels built for almost any side-by-side on these hubs. You can ride any way you want. We invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to, which provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
A Frame Stiffener Is Required
An 8” portal kit is a heavy-duty piece of hardware for heavy-duty machines, and as awesome as the Ranger XP 1000 is, it’s not quite up to snuff. That’s why a frame stiffener is required. Trust us—we’ve hit enough bumps to know that bending a stock frame can happen. Don’t do it. Get a frame stiffener.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
|8” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Frame stiffener (optional)|